Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Red Shift: Ying Yang

Here I am at 5:00 p.m. under strict frame
The air is confined, June, fierce drill
On the way to glide in summer streetscape
I drink some Chinese herbal liquid air which calms all wild fire
And smile to have friends and to blend
In. The streets look for Ken, Steven, or me. Ken
Is a flashlight, Steven being away on the net, it’s
Ponderous with that lightness, ponderous on me, I lift through it, them, as
The coconut drink is being sipped on the island of Hong Kong, now
Twenty-three years almost ago, and the man flashing
Is indulging himself in the beauteous woman, & telling
Who would have thought that I’d be here, nothing
Covered up, nothing changed, everything
Love, children, money, job, marriage, education.
Up in the air, surrounding me, burning still, now
More than ever before?
Not that practically a girl, fond in jeans and coat
Eyes penetrating the summer night twilight at 1341& Tui Mun in 1990.
Not that homely girl, seventeen, who was
Going to have to go. Careening into college life so.
To be extinguish & to be smother more fiercely than even she could imagine
So to go. Not that Ken who from very first meeting
I would never & never will leave alone until we each become transparent
Into the gas hood we each requested for & so demanded
To die & who will never leave me, not for desire, nor hate
Nor even for ignorant one-moment estrangement which is
Only our human lot & means nothing. No, not nothing. It’s everything!
There’s a song, “Long Journey”. But no. I won’t do that
I am 17.5. When will I die? I will never die. I will live
To be a delightful healthy soul & I will never go away, & you will never escape from me
Who am always & only a child. Despite this negativity, Spirit
Who lives only to create smile.
I’m only one & I am only me & I didn’t care about me.
You didn’t.
I came into your life to advise you & you did so & now everything
Will change
I am me. Light-hearted and sweet.
Laughter & tears. Resilient fate, nevertheless
I sit softly on the clouds
The world’s rain and shine flows through my eyes.

1 comment:

Ping L 6 said...

This is one of the many creative pieces I created. I liked it because it gives a brief summary of who I am and what I thought about at the moment I was making it. It is like a hidden memoir about myself. One can always find bits and pieces related to me from the poem.